Quakes dominated possession throughout the first half, but only got one goal in the first half. This came in the 44th minute, with Nick Lima Shoots through traffic with a rebound to put his team on the scoreboard. This capped the half where the Galaxy started flat and worked its way to downsizing Quakes’ shot advantage to 7-3 and its 62.5 percent possession.
thanks for the Carlos Fierro And the Andres RiosIn the second half, San Jose doubled their lead in under seven minutes. After Quakes regained a half-Galaxy turn, Fierro was given time and space to work by the Los Angeles defense, and Rios found a perfect pass that he could simply re-direct into goal.
Soon after, Los Angeles introduced a somewhat shocking submarine, with the star of El Tri Chicharito It is pulled for the potential for a future El Tri star Efrain alvarez’s photo. But earthquakes built on their lead in the 76th minute, with Tommy Thompson Try to chip the start of a surprise Jonathan Klinsmann. Klinsmann had a large block in the shooting attempt, but Thompson managed to fire the rebound into the net to extend the lead to 3-0. After that, Lima managed to add insult to injury with a goal in stoppage time.
- 44 ‘- SJ – Nick Lima | Watch
- 52 ‘- SJ – Andres Rios | Watch
- 76 ‘- SJ – Tommy Thompson Watch
- 90 ‘+ 3’ – SJ – Nick Lima | Watch
- The Big Picture: In the mysterious Jekyll-and-Hyde season of Quakes, this was as good as it was, and the score keeps them in the midst of a Western qualifying race. On the other hand, the Galaxy looked sad at a loss that cemented their position last. If there’s a plus (other than that MLS has no relegation), it’s that Klinsmann had some good moments and shots in the score that didn’t flatter him.
- Match moment: Lima’s initial goal may have come later than it should have been, but it set the ceiling for a dominant first-half performance that was repeated and improved in the second half.
- Man of the Match: My goal for Lima makes it the obvious choice. He also had a critical tackle in the penalty area Sebastian Lightgate Which prevented the Galaxy from snatching a lead in the first half in a row.