The celebrity chef shared personal footage from the aftermath of the devastating fire, which occurred on August 9, and her home in Lake Lucerne was not the same as before.
“On Monday 9/14 – Rachel posted unprecedented personal footage of the damage to her home after a fire broke out last month. You don’t want to miss this emotional episode,” comments the posted video on reading her social media channel.
“This was our bedroom and our library. That was our bathroom and dressing area,” she said in a clip posted on Instagram. “The bones of the house barely stand in some parts,” she says in the video.
Beam; Her husband, John Cosimano; And their dog, Bella, luckily was unharmed in the fire but she lost “15 years of memories; 40 years of notebooks, drawings, ideas, and the work of my life.”
The Food Network star, 51, described how, “In the few weeks after the burn, I think I’ve learned more. Today, we’re going to be sharing what’s left of our house.”
When the accident happened, Ray made sure to thank First responders.
“Thank you to our local first responders for being kind and generous and saving what they can do from our home. Grateful that my mom, my husband and my dog … we’re all fine. These days we all have to be grateful for what we have, not for what we lost,” I wrote. “… * I * lost my phone (posting through a team member) Thank you for all the best wishes, worries and communication, but I cannot answer text messages and calls at the moment …!
On August 22, officials declared the fire was accidental and started on the stove chimney. The state’s Bureau of Fire Prevention and Control helped set the roof of the house on fire, at the end of a private excursion in a rural area 60 miles (97 kilometers) north of Albany.
Rai is probably best known for hosting a variety of cooking shows, including30 minutes mealsOn the Food Network, as well as its joint talk show, Rachael Ray.
Tyler McCarthy of Fox News contributed to this report.