Formula 1 usually starts the season in Australia. But due to the epidemic, this is not possible this year. However, according to the new head of Sebastian Vettel, the first place has been determined.
Photo series with 11 photos
According to Aston Martin team owner Lawrence Stroll, this year’s Formula 1 launch will take place in Bahrain. As new president Sebastian Vettel said Thursday at an event for his racing team, the start, which has already been planned in Australia, will be postponed.
“We will go there sometime in the fall and the first race will be Bahrain,” the Canadian billionaire said. The postponement of the start of the season, which has actually been planned for March 21 in Melbourne, has not been officially announced, but it will happen. An official Formula 1 release was not available initially.
Formula 1 teams agreed to change the calendar
Formula 1 teams agreed on the change to the racing calendar Monday in a videoconference with the new managing director of the first car racing category, Stefano Domenicali.
The upcoming Formula 1 season should start with a record schedule of 23 races in Australia. In the racing calendar published so far, Bahrain has been scheduled one week after the Grand Prix, as strict quarantine regulations apply.
“We have two or three difficult months ahead.”
“I think we have two or three difficult months ahead,” Stroll said. “There is a light at the end of the tunnel with the vaccine. I think the first few races will be difficult.”
The Aston Martin Team is the successor to Racing Point. Stroll’s son Lance and Vettel, who had to leave Ferrari after six years, pose as a pair of drivers. From a German perspective, the debut of Mick Schumacher, who will be leading his first season with Haas, is waiting impatiently.