Johnson City, Tennessee (WJHL) – Ballad Health officials released the system’s latest COVID-19 numbers on December 9, announcing that there are now 306 patients receiving treatment for coronavirus in Ballad hospitals.
You can watch Ballad Health’s press briefing on Wednesday below:
The hospital system reported 91 deaths in the past seven days.
The number of patients totaling 306 is a new record higher than the new record set on Tuesday of 290. The system has also reported the largest number of patients in intensive care so far – 62.
ICU numbers have hit record or record highs every day since December 3rd.
Ballad Health officials indicated that the hospital’s system coverage area has a positive rate that has once again reached a new high of 27.2%.
Here is a breakdown of the COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health:
- Total number of COVID-19 patients in hospital: 306
- Total number of COVID-19 entries: 49
- Total number of COVID-19 discharges: 38
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 6
- COVID-19 custom beds available: 47
- Number of COVID-19 patients in the ICU: 62
- Number of COVID-19 patients using a ventilator: 36
Since March 1, Ballad has reported 798 COVID-19 deaths in its service area.
Subtly charming zombie buff. Amateur analyst. Proud tvaholic. Beer fanatic. Web expert. Evil troublemaker. Passionate internet maven. Gamer. Food evangelist.