The restaurant chains still doing Eat Out to Help Out discounts in September

A number of chains and independent restaurants have said they will keep offering 50 per cent off food after the Eat Out to Help Out scheme ends.

The government-backed discount offers anyone dining in on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in August 50 per cent off food and non-alcoholic drinks.

Some 84,000 restaurants signed up to the scheme, with the most recent figures showing 64 million discounted meals had been served in the first three weeks alone.

Looking for today’s top stories in one place? Sign up for our newsletter here

Chancellor Rishi Sunak said: “This scheme has reminded us how much we love to dine out, and in doing so, how this is helping to protect the jobs of nearly 2 million people who work in hospitality.

“I am urging everyone, where they can, to continue to safely enjoy a meal while the scheme remains open.”

The final day for the scheme is Monday, 31 August, but with customers returning to restaurants in their droves, many eateries have decided to keep going with it and fund it themselves, Mirror Online reports.

Here are all the restaurants and pubs we’ve found that plan to keep offering it in September:

  • Toby Carvery – The chain has said it will keep the discounts going for two weeks after the end of the scheme.
  • Harvester – Harvester, with the same owners as Toby Carvery, will also extend its discounts into the first two weeks of September
  • Signature Pub Group – All 24 bars and restaurants run by the Signature Group will offer the discount through September – covering the costs themselves.
  • Q Hotels Group – The Q Hotels Group – with 21 venues across the UK – has said that it will extend the scheme, but not for how long yet.
  • The Coconut Tree – The Sri Lankan restaurant chain said it will keep be running the deal in September too. Branches in Bristol, Cardiff, Cheltenham, Oxford and Bournemouth are also removing the £10 per person cap, but alcoholic drinks will still be excluded. It’s even continuing its deals in October, but for lunchtime meals only.
READ  Coronavirus outbreak linked to Maine marriage ceremony reception

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *