Ggood morning. European stocks are set to start the week in the green amid a flurry of deal activity and signs of progress toward a coronavirus vaccine.
The resumption of AstraZeneca’s vaccine trial and comments from Pfizer CEO about the potential deployment of the vaccine to Americans by the end of the year boosted sentiment.
Investors also welcomed reports that the TikTok deal in the US is nearing completion, while British chipmaker Arm could sell to US company Nvidia as its owner SoftBank seeks to monetize the company it bought in 2016.
5 things to start your day
1) Government ministers are considering interfering with the $ 40 billion ARM amount The acquisition by US chip maker Nvidia, which can be announced as soon as this morning. Ministers are seeking assurances about Arm headquarters and functions in Cambridge. The British chip company is for sale by its Japanese parent company, SoftBank.
2) Oracle beats Microsoft in the race for US TikTok business. The giant database won the tender to save TikTok from the wrath of Donald Trump, according to multiple US reports.
3) Renewables are growing faster than any other fuel in historyAccording to BP. The oil giant will admit that renewable energy is now outpacing competing energy sources.
4) New Look will plead with the owners Today to support the bailout deal in the CVA crisis vote. It comes as a competitor Boohoo prepares to take on the main street clothing store.
5) Economists are warning that job losses in the UK could reach 700,000 Recent data show that the country is heading towards the highest level of layoffs since the 1990s, with the furlough scheme expiring. Job losses like M&S, John Lewis, and Pizza Express might just be the tip of the iceberg.
What happened overnight
Asian stocks rose on Monday, and US futures rose amid a flurry of deal activity and signs of progress toward a vaccine. The dollar and Treasuries did not change much ahead of this week’s Fed meeting.
South Korea led modest regional gains, with a 1% advance. S&P 500 futures rose about 1 piece. Comments from the CEO of Pfizer Inc. Sentiments were reinforced about the possible rollout of the virus vaccine to Americans by the end of the year, as did reports that the TikTok deal in the US was nearing completion.
Japanese Topix index gained 1 segment. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index advanced 0.6%. The Shanghai composite rose 0.6 segment. The Kospi Index in South Korea rose 1.2%. The Australian S & P / ASX 200 rose 0.5%.
Is coming today
Industrial production (Eurozone, Japan)